Thursday, May 14, 2015

18 Years Ago: May 14th--Belly

May 14, 1997 is the date of the last photos of me while pregnant. Well, second to last. There are a couple from May 15th, but I'll post those tomorrow. Today, I offer a short review of my pregnant look. I found an envelope of selected photos labeled in Markus' handwriting as "Pregnant Pictures." I rather like the poetry of that label.

Here's a photo in the baby's room. I'm relieved to see that we had a crib set up a full month before the due date. Also in the photo is a baby quilt by our artist friend Rebecca Cross. (You can see her in photos posted in The fashion post on May 10th.)

36 weeks: April 7, 1997

My friends at University Productions gave Markus and me a shower on April 17th. My office was in the Michigan League, and we took several photos outside on the plaza between Hill Auditorium and the League, just in front of the Carillon tower. It's one of those places that reminds me what a lovely town Ann Arbor is to live and work in.

38 weeks: April 17, 1997
Fountain next to the Michigan League
38 weeks
Markus is my go-to fashion photographer

Ready, ready, ready for this baby. Five days past the official due date, here I am showing off a favorite exercise position. These two photos were taken on the same day as the one I posted for May 3rd.

41 weeks: May 14, 1997

41 weeks: ripe

May 14, 2015: It's a holiday in Germany today. Markus was traveling (a quick trip to present a research project for a European commission in Brussels), so Miriam and I had an easy day at home. Weed pulling, reading, and tie dying. She's learning dye techniques and did a practice project today in one color (her favorite: black). Next will be some T-shirts in "screaming color."

I love, love, love to watch these hands.

Squirt.

Swirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment